Sunday, December 19, 2010

Into the Chaos

God's hand dipped into the chaos.  God's hand dipped into the chaos.  God's hand dipped into the chaos.

God's fingers laced through the nothing and gave shape to mountains and poured water on the earth and traced rivers through the land.

God's hand dipped into the chaos.

God chose a girl from the millions and gave her a pure soul and set her on the earth and sent an angel.  She said yes.

And in the middle of the darkest night of the year, God's Son slipped into the chaos from the body of the girl into the waiting hands of the trembling Joseph.  God's Son wrapped in thinnest cloth against the world's night, God's Son warmed by the breath of beasts.  God's Son, so small, sent to fight the world's chaos.

I am here, on my knees, imperfect as I am.  Lord, dip your hand into this chaos.  Dip your hand into this chaos.  Dip your hand into this chaos.  Lace through my wanderings and give shape to knowing and pour truth in my heart and trace virtue on my soul.  Come, Son, into the waiting hands of this trembling me.  I will wrap you up in my thinnest gifts and warm you with my best spirit.  Come, transform me.

No comments:

Post a Comment