Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Lenten Resolutions

Disciplines:

To keep the kitchen table clear and tidy.  It seems to be our dumping ground much too often, and I have noticed that how cluttered it is affects my peace of mind.  My disposition is entirely more peaceful when it is clear, and this makes me a better wife and mother.

In bed, lights out, by 10:00PM.  My bedtime has been creeping later and later, affecting my morning and energy.

Limit sweets to Sundays only.


Prayer:

It does not paralyze me, but I am a person of worry.  I worry about how I am perceived, how my family is perceived, and what the future holds.  I found it particularly complex to bring my first child into the world in the midst of the worst economic turmoil that I've witnessed in my life.  Therefore, I intend to meditate daily on the following concept:  "We are not of this world," and the phrase: "Jesus, I trust in you."  More on these thoughts later...

One hour of the Liturgy of the Hours each day, be it Matins, Vespers, Compline, whatever.  I love the Liturgy of the Hours, and I find them particularly helpful in the seasons of Advent and Lent to focus my prayer.


Charity:

I will purchase only essential household, food, and clothing items, and donate money we would otherwise spend.  I am not sure what charities yet, though I will give some to our parish and parish school.

No comments:

Post a Comment